Komatsu Forest is leading the way in the forest with a unique combination of market-leading forestry machines and pioneering service concepts.
Our knowledge, experience and unique overall perspective enable us to combine forest machine innovation and production with pioneering services; altogether forming our promise of quality. Forestry Quality.
Choosing Komatsu will not only make your working day easier and more profitable, it will also increase your peace of mind. Today. Tomorrow. And in the future.
Komatsu Forest Dealer In Latvia
LLC “Haitek Latvia” is the official dealer in Latvia of brand “KOMATSU”. The priority of the Company is to offer appropriate solutions to the owners of forestry machines when purchasing machines, supplying spare parts or receiving technical support. The Company sells new forestry machines, offers training, provides guarantee maintenance and guarantee services, sells spare parts, repairs other forestry equipment, repurchases used forestry machines.
Komatsu Forest organisation
Komatsu Forest is one of the world's largest manufacturers of forest machines. We are represented on six world continents by a network of dealers and our own sales companies.
Komatsu Forest's head office is in Umeå, Sweden, and we have two manufacturing units, in Sweden and the USA. Our own companies are located in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, France, Austria, United Kingdom, Russia, USA, Australia and Brazil, and our network of dealers represent us on all other important forestry markets.
Our extensive service organisation takes care of the machines, ensuring that they perform their best throughout their service lives. We have workshops throughout the world, service buses for quick assistance, in-house machine and methodology instructors to help maximise productivity, and support functions for everything related to our machines and services.
Short facts about Komatsu Forest:
- Founded in 1961 in Umeå, as Umeå Mekaniska
- Around 1 700 employees
- Head office in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for wheeled machines and heads in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for tracked machines in Chattanooga, USA
- Net sales of MEUR 509 in 2017
- Fully owned by Komatsu Ltd of Japan
Komatsu Environmental Focus
We believe that environmental aspects are prerequisites for profitability in the longer term. Complying with environmental legislation and remaining within limits go without saying.
However, we have also chosen to incorporate environmental work as an active and natural part of both development work and production. Our entire operations are characterised by taking responsibility, resource management, and an open attitude toward documenting and reporting environmental results. We also expect our subcontractors to share our views on the environment, in theory as well as practice.
Climate Neutrality and Meticulous Control
- Our production units as well as the most of our workshops are climate neutral.
- We only buy ”green electricity” and return the same amount of energy to the system in the form of recycled materials from production. We recycle as much as possible.
- We minimise energy consumption in production by using motion sensor lighting, heat exchangers and more.
- 93% of all transports done to and from our factory and central warehouse are done by environmentally certified transporters.
- We are ISO 14001-certified by DNV GL.
- All chemicals are controlled according to legislation.
- We conduct risk analyses for every possible use of a substance, not only how we ourselves use it.
- Life cycle analyses on all materials used in production.
- Even more extensive recycling.
- Work with optimised transportation.
Eco-friendly Product Focus
- We work hard to design machines that optimise mobility and limit ground pressure.
- Our engines are specially built for forest machines, reducing both fuel consumption and emissions.
- The most eco-friendly hydraulic oil is standard for our machines.
- Hoses, filters, and pumps are optimised for biodegradable oils.
- We have developed safer hydraulic couplings to avoid leakage.
We are at the forefront of environmentally friendly technology for diesel engines, and are able to meet the legal requirements for up to Stage 4/EPA Tier 4 Final. These are the toughest demands in engine legislation.
Our engines are based on SCR-technology, which means that they are extremely fuel efficient, generate higher profitability and have less impact on the environment. We also use a cleaner engine oil, CJ-4 class with low amounts of sulphur.